7 Tips For Choosing the Perfect Indoor Fountain
If you love the sense of tranquility that a fountain inspires and wish to bring that same peace to your indoor living space, then an indoor fountain is what you need. With thousands of different options to choose from, it is guaranteed that you will find exactly what you are looking for in terms of size, sound, and finishes. If you choose the right fountain, it will be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
In order to help you choose the perfect indoor fountain, here are 7 of our best tips:
- First and foremost, before selecting an indoor water feature, carefully consider which room you will be placing it in. Is the room appropriate? Is it a space in which you will be spending a lot of time?
- Do you plan to make your new indoor water fountain a focal point of the room, or will it serve as a secondary feature? Be aware of the lighting within the room. Both artificial and natural light will affect the color and variations in stone.
- How do you plan to disguise your water feature’s electrical cord? It is possible to purchase indoor water fountains that can be programmed to turn on and off with a room’s light switch, but these models are among the most expensive
- When choosing a water feature, you must ensure that its basin will be large enough to contain water splashing. This is the primary reason behind why most water damage occurs. If the design of your new fountain dictates that it should sit on a table or the floor, place a pad made of natural cork beneath it to prevent any water marks from forming.
- For small to medium sized fountains, use distilled water only. Because distilled water has already had impurities removed from it, it will keep your new fountain’s pump cleaner and increase its lifespan.
- Your fountain’s water levels will need to be checked often. If the pump runs dry, it will cause permanent damage to your fountain. Likewise, it is a common myth that indoor fountains generate enough humidity to cause moisture problems and mold in a home, so do not let this misconception dictate the size of fountain that you choose to buy.
- The height of the water levels in the reservoir will be a determining factor in how loud the water’s flow is. The lower the water level is, the louder its sound will be. Indoor fountains are an effective and affordable option for masking exterior distractions and sounds (e.g. if you live in an apartment).
What do you think? Is there a piece of advice or a tip you think we missed, drop us a line in the comments section below and share your best advice with everyone!